Sr. Associate, Compliance Administration -- Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Sr. Associate, Compliance Administration overseesand administers the organizational compliance systems and processes used to ensure that Rainforest Alliance (RA) and its subsidiaries, branches and other affiliates are in compliance with financial, regulatory and donor requirements as well as Rainforest Alliance organizational policies & procedures. S/he reports to the Director, Global Administration and works closely with the entire Global Administration team. S/he will also work closely with the Accounting, Finance, IT, Legal, HR, Development and Program teams.
- Develop and maintain organization-wide compliance administrative systems including the country database, authorities matrix, and compliance calendar; work with IT to create new systems as needed;
- Develop and maintain compliance administration processes to collect data and keep up to date, inputting data as needed;
- Manage and administer signatory approval database (authority matrix) and related processes;
- Develop and maintain liability, E&O and D&O insurance database;
- Oversee insurance certificate issuance process;
- Manage and administer relationships with corporate registration and filing entities for RA subsidiaries, branches and other affiliates;
- Maintain the conflict of interest (COI) file database, for tracking, updating and document retention purposes;
- Serve as a point of contact for project auditors and facilitate project audits;
- Provide training on policies & procedures, including on compliance and roles & responsibilities;
- Assist in the opening and closing of offices;
- Provide support to the finance and accounting teams as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 5-7 years’ experience in a professional work environment;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated work experience with computerized accounting systems (knowledge of Solomon MS Dynamics a plus), reporting software, (FRx and Crystal highly preferred), and Microsoft Office;
- Strong math, analytical and technical skills; highly organized with an attention to detail; demonstrated initiative and customer service orientation;
- Familiarity with a multi-office, multi-national organizational environment;
- Working knowledge of current trends in the compliance field a plus;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Spanish language skills a plus;
- International and non-profit sector experience a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically; and
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway, 28th Floor, New York, NY 10279; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: email@example.com. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.