The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Planning Manager will be responsible for managing organizational strategic and annual work planning processes, as well as program review and reporting processes. S/he will also be responsible for developing and improving tools and systems to integrate program planning and reporting with Human Resources, Financial, and other systems across the organization.
- Working closely with members of the senior management team, manage the organization’s strategic and annual planning processes;
- Working closely with members of the senior management team, manage the organization’s program review and reporting processes;
- Develop and/or improve tools and systems to integrate planning and reporting frameworks across the organization;
- Effectively lead staff planning meetings, regional meetings and other organizational events to advance organizational priorities, goals, and review / reporting requirements;
- In collaboration with the Evaluation and Research (E&R) Unit, support development of a theory of change model to optimize organizational effectiveness;
- Work closely with the Evaluation and Research (E&R) Unit, to ensure effective assessment and reporting of organizational impact and implementation of adaptive management;
- Assess and analyze the implications of proposed actions and decisions by individual areas and departments on the whole of the organization;
- Support the effective implementation of the strategic plan, including the measurement of performance and fostering cross-integration of strategic directions, goals, and initiatives between divisions and departments;
- Facilitate the execution of organizational change to accommodate future business growth and program mix and to enable maximum organizational efficiency; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in related experience -- demonstrated experience in leading organizational planning required;
- Demonstrated experience developing / utilizing planning, reporting tools and theory of change models;
- Ability to think strategically and operationally, with strong analytical skills;
- Experience working in a multi-office, multi-national organizational environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Superb verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Proficiency in other languages desirable (i.e. Spanish, French);
- Ability to travel up to 40 percent of the time, both domestic & internationally; and
- Strong computer skills (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet and presentations).
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway, 28th floor, New York, NY 10279; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.