The Rainforest Alliance encourages a wide-range of interesting and challenging opportunities that will promote the professional growth of the Membership Intern. Broadly, the Membership Team’s focus is to develop cultivation, stewardship and fundraising opportunities with individuals, primarily using online and mailing communications. This internship will provide exposure to important development tools such as, Luminate, Common Ground and Convio Marketing and Development Software.
The internship will develop skills with research, databases and software, and communications. An ideal candidate would demonstrate strong writing and research skills, proficiency with document development, familiarity or interest in analytical inquiry and a high level of enthusiasm for the objectives of the organization and team.
- Research content for donor appeals and campaign content;
- Write reports on environmental, social, and economic issues;
- Compose and track acknowledgement letters;
- Assist membership team’s daily, weekly and monthly operations;
- Data entry;
- Donor support (info requests, sending packages, etc.);
- Cultivation, stewardship and fundraising mailings; and
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned.
Ideal for undergraduate students with strong academic background; students receiving academic credit for the internship is preferred. We are seeking a self-starter who has strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner, sound research skills, understanding of Microsoft Office and the ability to interact professionally via the phone and email.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.