Junior Accountant, Accounts Receivable -- Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Junior Accountant, Accounts Receivable (A/R) will be responsible for creating invoices, credit memos and monitoring the aging report. S/he will work closely with internal and external clients and provide general support to the accounting department as needed.
- Prepare and send invoices to project coordinators in a timely manner;
- Monitor aging report and prepare payment reminders to clients as needed;
- Respond to internal and external client information requests;
- Coordinate and assist with foreign currency issues on billing and payment;
- Analyze client information in SalesForce database as needed;
- Work with field office accountants to reconcile any differences between field office and HQ A/R records;
- Set-up client and project codes;
- Support cash receipts processing as needed;
- Assist Accounting Manager to improve the structure of the A/R workflow; and
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- 1-2 years progressive accounting experience, encompassing A/R, General Ledger and account reconciliation;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Strong mathematical, analytical and technical skills required;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to take initiative and work within a team structure as well as independently;
- Strong research skills, creativity and resourcefulness;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Written and verbal Spanish language fluency a plus; and
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
Commensurate with experience; Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway, 28th Floor, New York, NY 10279; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.